Special Region Of Jogjakarta
Partially a result of its proximity to the Borobudur and Prambanan temples, and because of the Javanese court Kraton culture of Kraton Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta hosts a sizable tourist industry. Most tourists come to Yogyakarta as an accommodation base to visit Borobudur and Prambanan.
In addition,the example ofthe tourism sector that makes DIY as urban tourism which is able to create products of culture and tour is mis a promising religious ceremoniesand cultural diversity of the various religions,as well as the creativity of art and hospitality of the people.In addition to tourism,the cultural sectoris also the sector that attract tourists.DIY has a wide range of potential of culture, both culture saretangible (physical) orintangible(non-physical).The potential fortangible cultural heritage area, among others, objects of cultural heritage while thep otential cultural in tangible as an idea, the system value or norm, works of art, social system or social behavior that exists in society.DIY has approximately 515 Heritage Buildings are scattered in 13 the heritage area. (source:eksplopedia). One example of the existence of cultural assets remains high the past civilizations are the Palace which is afair heritage institutions that still maintained its existence.In addition,the province also have a DIY 30 museums, two of them namely Ullen Sentalu, Museum Sonobudoyo Museum.
Notable local tradions and marketplaces in Yogyakarta include:
- Batik fabric production area. The most famous batik marketplace is Beringharjo market.
- Silverwork, fine filigree jewellery, the production center is in Kotagede
- Mask wood carving work at Bobung village, Wonosari is very attractive with a various collections of mask and other crafts made from woods.
- Traditional Javanese dance performance, especially Ramayana Wayang wong dance performed in Prambanan and Purowisata. Other Javanese court dances are also performed in the Kraton.
- Wayang kulit, a traditional Javanese leather puppetry used for shadow plays.
- Contemporary puppetry and theatre, for example the Papermoon Puppet Theatre
- Gamelan music, including the local Gamelan Yogyakarta which was developed in the courts.
- Annual traditional Javanese festivals such as Sekaten or Gerebeg Mulud.
- Visual artists including the Taring Padi community in Bantul.
Well, now that was at least about the Jogja city, would you like to know more about the beauty Jogja? let’s immediately determine your holiday date with the Raja Tour Jogja.
- M Dava
Source : www.wikipedia.com
Galery of Jogjakarta City :